The benefits of getting outside with nature…
February 2, 2020Blog Post
In todays world, we are stuck indoors a lot, breathing the same stale, air conditioned air. It is so important to get outside, and there are even some surprising health benefits…
- It’s great for digestion – Fresh air helps you to digest food more effectively. So why not after lunch go for a bit of a stroll?!
- Improves your blood pressure and heart rate – Especially if you already have issues with your blood pressure, staying in areas that have an abundance of fresh air can help as polluted or dirty environments makes the body to work harder to get the oxygen.
- Improves your mood – Serotonin increases with the amount of oxygen you consume which can significantly lighten your mood, promote a sense of happiness and well-being, and make you feel more refreshed (and relaxed).
- Boosts your immune system – Oxygen is needed for our White Blood Cells to work and function effectively. White blood cells kill and fight bacteria and germs, hence immune boosting!
- Great for your lungs – During the process of respiration, we release waste and toxins from our body. Fresh air helps the airways of your lungs to dilate and improves this process.
- Improves energy and mind – Our brains use 20% of our body’s oxygen. More oxygen brings greater clarity to the brain, improves your concentration, helps you to think more clearly and has a positive effect on your energy level.
Even just 30min outside will do you the world of good.
Why not get the kids and go for a walk to the local playground or creek? They will love it! Or if you have a little one, a picnic blanket out on the back lawn, they will love to see everything that the outdoors has to offer! Or join your local outdoor fitness group, like Nourish & Flourish Fitness!!
Just don’t forget to the Sunscreen, a Hat and drink water!! (and obviously don’t take those gorgeous babies out into hot weather!)
Get out and enjoy the outdoors!