Our yoga classes use classic yoga postures integrated into a flow of standing and floor poses that strengthen bones, tone muscles and benefit balance. Flowing from pose to pose you will create a gentle heat from the inside out. You will strengthen your upper body and core and experience new body awareness and flexibility. Step out of this class energised, relaxed and grounded. A regular yoga practice can bring positive change, enhancing our everyday life on and off the yoga mat.
Class are beginner friendly!
The flow style promises
- Improves muscle flexibility, strength and endurance – whole body fitness.
- Creating a balance between energy and calm, reducing stress and tension.
- Development of cardiovascular strength.
- Improves self-esteem through mind-body awareness.
- Improves concentration and creativity.
- Stimulates the immune system.
When to Start
You can begin Yoga once you have been given the “all clear” from your health professional to resume exercising postpartum and you feel you are ready for this type exercise. This can be anywhere from 6-10 weeks or slightly longer following a cesarean section.
If you are pregnant, Melissa can provide individual modifications for you. Just ensure you have been given the all clear from your Obstetrician or Midwife to exercise
If you are unsure whether this is right for you, please discuss with Emma.